This scholarship is available to full and associate members of the SA Heart Association living in South Africa. It is primarily intended to assist colleagues involved in much-needed research to enhance their research programmes.
Applicants need to be fully paid up members/associate members in good standing for at least one year
Applications must include:
- The applicant’s abbreviated CV
- A breakdown of the anticipated expenses
- Ethics approval; and
- Full details of the research
- Publications of related work in a peer reviewed journal in the preceding year
- Applicants from a previously disadvantaged community; and
- Applicants younger than 35 years of age
Applications must be addressed to:
Education Standing Committee South African Heart Association P.O. Box 19062 Tygerberg 7505
The selection panel will review applications annually and the closing date is September 30.
One scholarship to a maximum amount of R50 000 will be awarded annually.
Applications will be assessed according to the accompanying research protocol which should include:
- An abstract (maximum 200 words)
- A brief review of the literature (maximum 200 words)
- A brief description of the hypothesis to be investigated (maximum 100 words)
- A detailed methodology (maximum 500 words); and