The SA Heart – CIPLA Travel Scholarship
Applications for the SA Heart – Cipla Travel Scholarship are invited to reach the SA Heart Office between 1 January and 31 March 2014.
The scholarship for is funded by an educational grant from CIPLA to the value of up to R20 000.00 for international meetings and R7500.00 for local meetings.
This scholarship is available to all members and associate members residing in South Africa. It is primarily intended to assist junior colleagues to ensure continued participation in local or international scientific meetings or workshops.
• Applicants must be fully paid up members/associate members for at least one year
Applications must include
• full details of the meeting/workshop
• an abbreviated CV of the applicant
• a breakdown of the expected expenses
• Applications must reach the Association a minimum of 3 months before the event to be attended
• Acceptance of an abstract at the scientific meeting to be attended
(if acceptance of the abstract is pending the application must still be submitted 3 months prior to the event with a note when the approval is to be expected. In such a case the scholarship might be granted on condition – and proof – of the abstract being accepted)
• Invitation to participate at the meeting as an invited speaker
• Publications in a peer reviewed journal in the preceding year
• Applicants from a previously disadvantaged community
• Applicants younger than 35 years of age
A written report on the relevant congress attended will need to be submitted by the successful applicant within six weeks of attending the congress. The congress report will be published in the South African Heart Association Newsletter.
Applications must be addressed to:
The President of South African Heart Association
P.O. Box 19062
And submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org